Sunday, 2 February 2014

The Liebster Award - My Answers

Hi everyone!

Googling what exactly The Liebster Award is has led me to conclude that it's a nice way of recognising someone's new blog. So my thanks to the lovely Shell over at What Shell Says who has nominated me.


So here are my answers to her 11 questions:

1. What do you think is the best budget beauty brand?

Maybelline. They do hands-down the best mascaras, at a fraction of the price of their upmarket cousins. The 'Baby' range is great too, and when I'm feeling too lazy to paint on a full face of foundation, the 'Fit' anti-shine stick is brilliant. Extra marks for the catchy theme tune.



2. Where is your favourite place in the world and why?

Oh this is hard... I have a few. I love California so much that I get depressed even thinking about it. I love Yokohama and Nagoya in Japan, because I have the best memories from living there during University and my lifelong best friends Kayo and Tomi live there with their families. Home gets a mention too, because you know - it's home.

3. Which beauty product could you not live without?

I was thinking about this the other day - it's got to be concealer. I really struggle to leave the house without a smattering of make up, just to take the edge off the horror show. If I have concealer on my dark circles and the odd red spot I can cope showing my otherwise naked face to the world. Though I don't relish it. My current favourite is Collection, though for a night out I switch to YSL Touche Eclat.

4. Heels or flats?

Heels! Flat shoes kill me. Not that I wander round on stilettos all day, but I always need a small wedge to support my feet. Those flat ballet pump style shoes are murderous, just looking at them hurts the arch of my foot. My only flats exceptions are for Toms or flip flops at the beach.


5. Who is your favourite blogger and why?

Hmm. I shall give this prestigious honour to Tanya Burr. Because she turned her life around from anxious, shy school drop-out to gorgeous, globe-trotting beauty maven just by doing what she loves and sharing it with us.



6. Describe yourself in 5 words.
Quite a mess, but trying.

7. What's your favourite high street shop?

Boots. Give me a huge Boots to wander around and I'm happy.

8. If you had one wish what would it be?

For infinite wealth. I mean Bill Gates kind of filthy rich.

9. What are your favourite types of blogs/posts to read?

I like reviews of beauty products, reading about weight loss successes, motivating personal stories... anything cheerful usually. German blogs written in English are usually great fun.

10. If you could be a celebrity for a day who would you be and why?

Before her divorce, I would have said Miranda Kerr (I would spend 12 hours staring at myself in the mirror and 12 hours in bed with Orlando Bloom). Now I pick Rihanna; on a yacht, at the beach, in a club and just generally being a bad ass tearing shit up.





11. What new beauty product would you love to try this year if cost wasn't an issue?

I would quite like one of those Babyliss curl secret things that sucks your hair into it and spits it back out curly. Though looking at this picture, it looks more like a garlic press or some kind of torture device than a beauty product...

Tada, those are my answers!

As I understand them, the rules of Liebster are that I now have to nominate 11 other bloggers with less than 200 followers who can answer my 11 questions, if they choose to. My nominees are Sofia, Nikita, Samantha, Ashley and Marit, Zoe, Isabel, Brittany, MartinAlexandra, Taylor and Preeti.

Their questions are:
  1. Do you wear a watch? If so, what kind?
  2. Do you honestly feel comfortable wearing red lipstick?
  3. What one product for your hair do you love the most?
  4. Do you pay any attention to "use by" dates on the stuff in your fridge?
  5. What is better, summer or winter?
  6. Are you allergic to anything?
  7. Which celebrity would you elope with tomorrow?
  8. Do you think you'll still be blogging when you're 40?
  9. Do you prefer your hair up or down?
  10. How long does it take you to get ready after a shower?
  11. What's your all time favourite mascara?

Have fun! Please answer the questions in the comments section if you don't want to make a whole post, or if you want to join in too.

Much love,
Ria
x

17 comments:

  1. Hi, Ria! Thanks for nominating me , I can't wait to do this post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear. Quite unexpected. Thank you for nominating me! I'll post my answers later this week. Loved reading yours. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to your answers, Alex! x

      Delete
  3. AWE someone got to you before I did! I nominated you early in my blogpost here:

    http://www.thepinksoul.com/2014/02/woot-liebster-award.html

    Would still love to hear your answers to my 11 questions in a comment here if you're interested :D

    xo Natalie
    thepinksoul.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Natalie! I answered all your questions over on your blog :-) x

      Delete
  4. Hehe this post is so cute, it made me laugh. I totally would want to be Rihanna or Miranda Kerr too! I used to live in Japan also and love Maybelline products, we have a lot in common! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do have a lot in common! The beginning of a budding blog friendship! x

      Delete
  5. So jelous! I wanna go to Japan too! , fun post :)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gabi, you MUST GO! It's absolutely incredible x

      Delete
  6. Awesome answers. I loved how you mentioned TOMS as your favourite flats.These lace ones are so cute. Also thanks for commenting on my blog! Definitely following you now :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melissa :-) Toms are great, right? Socially concious and totally cute! x

      Delete
  7. Hi Ria!
    It took a while but we answered all your questions.
    Thanks again for nominating us :)

    1. Do you wear a watch? If so, what kind?
    Ashley : Yes, i wear a Guess one that my mum gave me for my 17th birthday
    Marit : No not really, I always crush everything that's on my wrists. Im not a big fan of bracelets either.

    2 Do you honestly feel comfortable wearing red lipstick?
    Ashley : Not really, it just depends on what kind of color red.
    Marit : Definitely yes! I love my red lipsticks, it's actually part of my signature look. Guerlain and YSL are the best!

    3.What one product for your hair do you love the most?
    Ashley : Argan oil, it's my go to product for my hair
    Marit : I love Biosilk, it's a great product for girls with dry and curly hair.

    4. Do you pay any attention to "use by" dates on the stuff in your fridge?
    Ashley : Yes, even if the product can be used for 1,2 or 3 days i will throw it away.
    Marit : Well yeah, sometimes I forget it, but most of the time it isn't expired yet. Lucky.

    5 What is better, summer or winter?
    Ashley : Summer, no doubts about that. I adore the summertime going to the beach, wearing shorts en dresses and ofcourse nice weather.
    Marit : OH YEAH! That's summer for me! I hate the cold, and rainy days. People are just way more happy with the sunshine out there.

    6. Are you allergic to anything?
    Ashley : I am allergic to Mayonnaise
    Marit : The only think that I know of is nickel, I can live with it. Got another excuse to buy real silver or golden earrings.

    7. Which celebrity would you elope with tomorrow?
    Ashley : Hm either Trey songz or Channing Tatum
    Marit : Oeeh, well, Channing Tatum sounds good Ash! But i'll stick with Dwayne "The rock" Johnson or Vin diesel :D

    8. Do you think you'll still be blogging when you're 40?
    Ashley : You never know what will happen in the future
    Marit : Well, i'm not too sure about that, but hey! Who knows.

    9. Do you prefer your hair up or down?
    Ashley : I like to wear my hair down
    Marit: It depends on the occasion and my mood. :)

    10. How long does it take you to get ready after a shower?
    Ashley : It depends , usually it takes me 1 hour or 1,5 hour
    Marit : Well if I do not use my blowdryer it will take HOURS for my hair to dry. With a blowdryer i would say 1 hour?

    11. What's your all time favourite mascara?
    Ashley : budget proof Maybelline the colossal and high-end Chanel inimitable
    Marit : DIOR! Definitely! Although I really love the lancôme mascaras aswell.

    Bisous

    Marit & Ashley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ladies! I LOVED your answers, thank you for commenting. I particularly enjoyed "I crush everything on my wrists". If I run into Channing Tatum, I will send him your way. x

      Delete
  8. Hi darling, love your blog! If you would like to visit mine and follow me via bloglovin I always follow back ;)

    Love
    www.mintandbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? Please leave a comment to let me know! x